Saturday, August 8, 2020

Upper Brookville, NY - Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park

During the weekend following my Bubbe's (Yiddish word for grandmother) funeral most of the family that was gathered (and not observing the Sabbath) went to the Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park. Holly walked around with the camera and practiced her photography.
I find it good to have my spouse interested in my more expensive hobbies, such as photography, so that I can more easily justify future purposes.
She also got some really nice photos, I particularly like how the one below came out.



This butterfly was pretty but also would not spread its wings fully for a photo.
Holly had me take this one of the house.



A motivation for Holly in using the camera is she gets to take pictures of me and prove that she has a husband and that I exist.
 
I think Holly left the aperture too closed and so struggled to get this tree in focus.

I like Holly's framing on this one.
I took this photo of my Uncle and Aunt at a covered bridge. Not quite as sharp in the background as I would have liked, but decent enough.
Holly got some very nice and sharp photos of these flowers and the bees.


There was a dead bee in the dead flower.
Also this bee under the flower petals is great.


Unfortunately focus on the next to photos was not to be found.

I like the framing on this one too.

 

This fallen tree was both sad provided very nice photo opportunities.
 

 

My sister did hand stands and headstands (with her significant other as spotter for the headstands) on a tree stump. I took some photos. Most were in focus though sometimes a moving leg was not.







Holly took the following photos.



I also like the framing on this.
Holly continued to take advantage of having the camera and demonstrating that I exist.

We gave the camera to my brother for a photo of us as a couple.

Holly took this picture to have me complain about the framing. 

If anyone is interested in photos without watermarks or in RAW format, let me know.

Also, there are three watermarks throughout these photos.

3 comments:

  1. Can confirm - I took the diagonally framed one specifically to make him cringe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. I know someone else who takes diagonal pictures. Still married to her.

    ReplyDelete